Monday, April 9, 2012

I found my Feet today, but Now I don't Know what to Do with Them


In this house
there should be walls painted in words and
ceilings high enough to let ideas
circulate and
a hammock underneath it all for me…
Where have all the thoughts gone?

I’ve been in a state of
disarray so long it’s
strange to look down and see
my feet below my knees.

Maybe I’ve finally gone crazy?

Suddenly is sudden but
sudden can take a very gradual long time.
I spent all day doubting.
They tell me doubt makes conviction stronger.
I’ll let you know how it goes
once I find what I did
with my conviction.
It seems to be lost more often than not
of late.

A leaf floated down the glassy surface of the river,
standing upon its shaft of a shadow.
Crazy or not, I swear
I saw a glow around the shadow
and I wondered how it worked
but it floated away and
I couldn’t exactly grab at it.

Where should I wander from here?
Now that I have feet,
I rather think I’d like only to wander
the backyard.
Is it wrong to be without ambitions?
They only seem to get people hurt.
To start to sing would be a waste of air...

We are so young.
So why do I feel so old?

1 comment:

  1. :'(
    :''(
    :'''(

    Oh I really like the poem. Its just so sad. I get the feeling, I really do. :(

    ReplyDelete