Thursday, April 5, 2012

Human Discourse


Having noticed
and being
particularly concerned with the evident complacency
from my peers of late,
in regards to politics,
in regards to protestation,
in regards to human life,
I feel it necessary to address some key issues.
Poetry though feels a bit obtuse
and I always received poor grades in speech
and my audience’s general tendency to forget to think
has always found me a bit disconcerted.
So here we have an experiment,
in discourse.

The population present is and has been
constantly adapting;
Be wary of mistaking it as backwards or
in crisis.

Identify: What is the ROOT?

Culture is produced and
then internalized and
then considered normal.
Everyone understands normal
as long as its normal for everyone.

I meant, random. Everyone understands
random.
Or was it fair?

No…
It could have been…
It didn’t have to be
obscene.
I was prepared.
Who will protect my animal rights?

Here.
Even with opposable thumbs,
this human was worth no more
than a field of flowers.
A field of fucking flowers! Who did away with originality?
                When did we turn our backs?

Take your gallows and hang!
They are no longer a novel method for enacting a rebellion.

Stories. stories. stories.
                It’s not enough,
                It’s not enough!

1 comment:

  1. "it could have been...
    it didn't have to be obscene "
    ...
    over my step! over my head body!

    I like it. I think it could be... maybe a bit more pointed. But I like the ending.

    ReplyDelete