Friday, April 6, 2012

Heads-Up


If a penny heads-up is lucky,
and the probability of a penny landing in such a manner is 50%,
does that mean that I have an equal probability of being unlucky as lucky,
so that it should cause no surprise every time it does?

Can one deny the finding of an unlucky penny to the universe?
                Um, no, I’m terribly sorry, Universe;
                but which unlucky penny would you be referring to? 
                No, I’m afraid I haven’t found any recently, thanks though.

When I find pennies without Abe’s welcoming face,
I go out of my way to pick them up
and cup them in my hands, giving them a good shake.
I look the Universe in the eye
and boldly open my hands.
I’ve never had one turn out to be unlucky after all, so I leave them for someone else to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment